Jelly Bean is the latest android os from Google. It has great features like Google Now, improved Google Search etc. CyanogenMod is custom OS for android. CyanogenMod 10 (CM 10) is not yet released officially. It will be released in the coming days.
If you want preview CyanogenMod 10 Jelly Bean version, you can flash CM10 preview builds to get a feel of Jelly Bean. Remember again, this version is not released yet officially. Codeworkx is releasing builds for CM10 Jelly Bean.
If you flash CyanogenMod 10 Jelly Bean on your Samsung Galaxy S2, you will lose warranty. Your phone may not work properly if somethings happens during the update process. So proceed with own risk.
Before you start updating to Jelly Bean, make sure to make a backup of the galaxy s2 media like videos, photos, music, files etc manually on to your computer. Sync your contacts etc to Google account. Also, you need to make a backup of SMS, Call Log etc if you need them. Also make sure you have rooted your phone and have working Clockwork Mod Recovery.
2. Copy them to your Galaxy S2 internal SD card root by connecting your phone to computer. Don’t unzip the files.
3. Turn off your galaxy s2 and enter into Recovery Mode by pressing and holding Volume Up, Home, Power buttons simultaneously.
4. Using Volume Keys, scroll & select “wipe/factory reset”. Reboot now using the Volume Keys again.
5. Now go to “install zip from sd card” and select CyanogenMod 10 zip file and flash it. In the same way, install Google Apps zip file.
6. After it is done updating Galaxy S2, reboot now again.
Thats it. You should have CyanogenMod 10 Jelly Bean on your Galaxy S2 I9100G. | via