Android phones & tables come with preinstalled apps or bloatware like Facebook, Email, Maps, Samsung apps etc. You may want to remove bloatware from your android device. If you want to install new version of the pre installed apps using APK file, you need to uninstall pre-installed android apps.
If you have rooted your android phone or tablet, You can use Titanium Backup Pro or similar apps to uninstall system apps in android. But You can uninstall preinstalled android apps without root also.
You can check If you can uninstall any android app by going to Settings > Applications > Select the app you want to uninstall > Uninstall button. If you see Disable or Uninstall Updates, You won’t be able to uninstall it easily.
How to uninstall preinstalled android apps like Facebook
1. Download bloatkill.zip file to your computer.
2. Open it on your computer using winrar. Don’t extract it. Browse to META-INF\com\Google\android\ in WinRaR. Extract updater-script to desktop. Open this file using Notepad or Notepad++.
3. Remove all “delete” lines below “ui_print(“Useless system app removal”);” in the above file. Add delete lines for apps you want to delete. For example: If you want to delete Facebook preinstalled app, add below line & save it.
4. Copy updater-script file from desktop to WinRar. It will update bloatkill.zip file and creates new zip file.
5. Connect your android phone like Galaxy S2, S3, Droid Razr, Note 2, Nexus 4 etc to computer using USB cable. Copy the bloatkill.zip file to root of the SD Card.
6. Disconnect USB cable from your android device
7. Enter into recovery mode on your android phone. For Galaxy S2, You can do this by pressing and holding Volume Up, Volume Down, Power button at the same button. Hold buttons until you see Green Android Robot.
8. Select “apply zip from sd card” using Power button & Volume Keys. Select bloatkill.zip.
9. Reboot your android device by selecting Reboot option in recovery mode.
Thats it. Preinstalled android apps should be removed from android device. Thanks to XDA for this tip.
This method can be used to uninstall or remove preinstalled android apps from most android apps including Galaxy S2, S3, Nexus etc.