You got a new Windows Phone like Nokia Lumia or HTC 8X etc. You may want to transfer your media like songs, photos, videos from your computer or old phone to new windows phone.
As you know, copy data like music etc to your windows phone using USB cable may be fastest way. This is true If you don’t want to install any software on your computer.
How to copy music/photos/videos to Windows Phone 8 manually
Connect your Windows Phone 8 phone to PC using USB cable. Your phone will show up Windows Phone under My Computer. as and copy music, videos, photos, documents etc to respective folders like Computer\Windows Phone\Phone\Music, Computer\Windows Phone\Phone\Pictures\Saved Pictures, Computer\Windows Phone\Phone\Videos etc.
If your media is on android phone, You need to copy data from android phone to computer first. You can sync music to iTunes also instead of manually copying data to computer.
How to transfer/sync music/photos/videos using Windows Phone app
Windows Phone app for desktop allows you to sync media from Windows Media libraries or iTunes. If you are on Mac, use Windows Phone app for Mac.
1. Download Windows Phone app for desktop & Install to your computer. Open this program.
If you have older version of this program, Uninstall it first before installing it again. Look for Windows Phone under uninstall programs.
2. Connect your Windows Phone like Lumia 920, Lumia 820, HTC 8X, Samsung Ativ etc to your computer.
3. You can select iTunes or Windows Libraries to sync music, videos, photos. Select depending on where you have your media.
4. Select songs, artists,albums or genres, videos, photos to sync to Windows Phone.
5. Click on the sync button to start sync. Your music, photos, videos will be synced to Window Phone.