Amazon’s Kindle Fire HD is a good 7″ tablet. If you like Amazon ecosystem or enjoy ebooks on Amazon, It is fun to own it. If you don’t like connecting your USB cable to Kindle Fire to transfer files, You can transfer media like photos, videos, music to and from your Kindle Fire to PC or computer wirelessly.
If you forgot to bring your USB cable or you don’t want to touch USB cable every often, You can use an app to browse your Kindle Fire HD wirelessly. You can download files, upload files etc. Samsung has Kies Air app on android phones. Kies Air lets you access files on your phone via browser on your computer.
How to connect Kindle Fire HD to computer via WiFi
1. Download & Install WiFi File Explorer from Amazon App Store.
2. Open the app. It automatically connects to your WiFi and displays a url ex: http://192.168.1.105:8000.
3. Go to the displayed url on your computer. You can browse and access your files on your computer now.
4. You can setup a password to protect accessing the url by going into app settings.
5. You can upgrade to pro version WiFi File Explorer PRO for $0.99. It has extra features like batch uploading of files, zip, unzip files within the browser etc.