You got a new Windows Phone 8 like Lumia 920, 820, 810, 822 etc. First thing, you may want to do is to transfer contacts from your old phone like android phone Galaxy S2, S3, iPhone to new Windows Phone.
If your new Windows Phone is a Nokia Phone like Lumia 920, 820 etc, It is easy to transfer contacts using Bluetooth. You can move contacts in a minute or 2. You don’t need to connect any cables or login to Gmail, Outlook, Hotmail or Yahoo etc. This method works for Nokia Phones only as Nokia Windows Phone app is used. It does not work for other Windows Phones like HTC 8X, 8S, Samsung Ativ etc.
How to transfer contacts to Nokia Lumia via Bluetooth
1. Make sure both phones are discoverable via Bluetooth. Go to Settings > Bluetooth to turn on Bluetooth. Pair your old phone like android, iPhone etc with new Windows Phone.
2. On your Windows Phone, Go to Home Screen > Store > Nokia Collection > Transfer My Data > Install it.
3. Open “Transfer My Data” app. You will see connected Bluetooth devices like Android Phone, iPhone, Old Nokia Phone, Blackberry etc. If You don’t see your old phone, You can add it by Tapping on + sign.
4. Tap on the phone you want to transfer contacts from via Bluetooth, You will see permission requests on your old Phone. Allow all requests on your old phone. You will see multiple requests during the entire process, Look on old phone to allow all requests. You may see these requests in the notification panel on your Old phone.
5. Windows Phone searches for contacts & displays the number of contacts available for transfer. Select “Contacts” and Tap on start to transfer contacts.
Thats it. Your contacts should be on your new Windows Phone now. You can transfer contacts from iPhone 5, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, Android Phones like Samsung Galaxy S, Galaxy S2, Galaxy S3, Droid Razr, HTC One X, Sony Xperia and Blackberry etc.