You got a new android phone like Samsung Galaxy S3, Galaxy Note 2 etc. Your old phone might be iPhone 5 or iPhone 4S/4 etc. First thing you may want to do is to transfer contacts from iPhone to android phone.
There are lot of ways to transfer contacts from iPhone to your android phone. Some of them may involve your computer, iTunes etc. I am looking for easiest way to transfer contacts from iPhone to android. You don’t want to download any new software on your computer or You don’t want to update your iTunes etc. Easiest way needs to take less than couple of minutes. Lets see If this will help you transfer contacts from iPhone to android phone quickly.
1. Transfer contacts from iPhone to android phone using Bump
1. On your iPhone, Download & Install Bump. It works for any iOS device with version iOS 4.3 or greater. So You can even transfer contacts from iPhone to iPod, iPhone to iPad etc.
2. Bump needs your current location to work properly. If Bump asks to use your current location, Tap on Yes. You can also enable location services for iPhone under Settings > Location Services. You also may need to turn on location services for Bump app.
image credit: apple
3. Now, Download & Install Bump on your android phone like Galaxy S2, S3, Note 2 etc.
4. Bump needs to use your current location on android phone also. Bump displays no location service available. You can turn location services by tapping on Location and Security Settings. You can also turn on Location services by going to Settings > Location Services or Location and Security Settings> turn on Google Location Service. Keep the Bump app open.
5. On your iPhone, with Bump app open, swipe through tabs to go to Contacts. Select all contacts.
6. Hold your iPhone in one hand, android phone in other hand and bump your hands gently as shown below. Bump asks for permission on both devices. Tap Yes or Connect to connect both devices.
7. Bump sends vcf file with all contacts to android phone. Tap on it to import contacts on android phone.
This is one of the easiest ways to transfer contacts from iPhone to android phone like Samsung Galaxy S, S2, S3, S3 Mini, Note 2, Galaxy Nexus, Nexus 4 ,Motorola Droid, HTC One X etc. It works on iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPad, iPad Mini etc. This method does not require using iTunes or Computer.
2. How to transfer contacts from iPhone to android phone via email to Gmail
This method also does not require using computer. You can transfer contacts without iTunes. You need to download My Contacts Backup on your iPhone and email contacts to Gmail account. Login with same Gmail or Google account on your android phone to import the vcf file. You can read more about this here. This method has 500 contacts limit.
Also read, How to transfer contacts to android