You got a new Windows Phone 8 like Lumia 920 or HTC 8X etc. You may want to customize your phone ringtone. You want to set your favorite song as ringtone on your new Windows Phone 8.
It is easy to set any song as ringtone in Windows Phone 8. You can set any mp3, wav, wma songs as ringtone on Windows Phone 8.
How to set a song as ringtone on Windows Phone like Lumia 920, HTC 8X
1. Connect your Windows Phone 8 to computer using USB cable. You will see your phone as Portable Device in My Computer.
2. Copy the song you want to set as ringtone to Ringtones folder on the Windows Phone using Windows explorer. You need to copy the song to Computer\Windows Phone\Phone\Ringtones folder.
Song can be in mp3, wma etc formats. If you try to copy a wav file to Ringtones folder, It will be converted to wma format automatically. Song can’t be DRM protected. Song file size needs to be less than 30 MB.
3. On your Windows Phone, Go to Settings > ringtones + sounds
4. You will see currently selected ringtone. Tap on ringtone option to select new ringtone.
5. You will see the song you just copied under Custom section. Just tap on the song to select it as ringtone. If you copied a song from your Phone’s music folder to Rintones folder, You won’t see the song as ringtone. You need to copy song from Computer to Phone’s Ringtone folder.
Thats it. You can add as many ringtones as you want. This works on all Windows Phones including Nokia Lumia 920, 820, 810, 822, HTC 8X, 8S, Samsung Ativ.