You got new Samsung Galaxy S4. It has newest android OS Jelly Bean 4.2.2. One of the new features of Jelly Bean 4.2 is screen mirroring via miracast. There are couple of ways to connect new Samsung Galaxy S4 to TV via AllShare, Miracast etc.
You want to mirror your Galaxy S4 screen to HD TV to watch photos, videos & play games etc. Old way to connect your android phone to HD TV is HDMI cable. It still works If you don’t have new hardware like Miracast Adapters or AllShare cast dongle. I am listing different ways to mirror screen to big screen TV.
Connect Samsung Galaxy S4 to HD TV via MHL HDMI Adapter for Screen Mirroring
1. Amazon has MHL HDMI adapter for connecting Galaxy S4 to HD TV using HDMI cable. You will need a separate HDMI cable also. This is same as Galaxy S3, Galaxy Note 2 mhl adapter.
2. Connect MHL HDMI adapter to TV using HDMI cable. Connect MHL HDMI adapter to power source using microUSB tarvel charger you got with phone. Connect MHL HDMI adapter to Galaxy S4 power port. Thats it. You should see Galaxy S4 screen mirrored to HDTV.
Mirror Screen of Samsung Galaxy S4 Screen to HD TV via AllShare Cast Wireless Hub Dongle
1. You will need Samsung AllShare Cast Wireless Hub. Amazon has it for about $70. Using this, You can stream photos, videos, games to your HDTV wirelessly.
2. Connect AllShare Cast Wireless Hub to Power using travel Charger. You will see Status light turning to Red. Connect AllShare Cast to HDTV using HDMI cable. Make sure your TV source input is correct HDMI port.
3. Press Reset Button on AllShare Cast Hub when status indicator starts blinking red.
4. On your Galaxy S4, Go to Settings > Connections > Screen Mirroring > Turn on > Tap on the Dongle to connect to TV.
image credit: samsung
Thats it. You should be able to screen on your HD TV now. You can watch photos, videos and play games.
Mirror Screen of Samsung Galaxy S4 Screen to Samsung Smart TV 2013 or later
Newer Samsung Smart TVs or other Smart TVs will have Screen Mirroring via MiraCast built-in. You don’t need to buy AllShare Cast Wireless Hub or Miracast Adapter.
On your Galaxy S4, Go to Settings > Connections > Screen Mirroring > Turn on > Tap on the Smart TV to connect to it.
Screen Mirroring for Galaxy S4 via MiraCast Adapter
You can use Miracast Adapter like NetGear PTV3000 Push2TV Adapter to connect S4 to TV. Amazon has NetGear PTV3000 for about $60.
1. Connect NetGear PTV3000 to HDTV using HDMI cable. More details about the setup are here.
2. Turn on Screen Mirroring on your Galaxy S4 by going to Settings > Connections > Screen Mirroring. Connect to the NetGear PTV3000 to mirror the screen and play photos, videos on the big screen.
What are you using for mirroring screen to HD TV?