Android phones don’t have native Hindi language Keyboard. If you wanted to type sms message or update Facebook status in Hindi, You needed to root your phone and do all sorts of things. Now, you can write in Hindi easily or type in English and convert it to Hindi automatically.
With Google Hindi Input android app, You can type Hindi words in English, It converts them to Hindi. You can also type in Hindi language directly using Hindi Keyboard.
How to type in Hindi language on android phone/tablet like Galaxy S3, Grand, S2, Micromax A116 etc
1. Download & Install Google Hindi Input android app on your android phone or tablet. If you can read नमस्ते on your android device, You can use this android app.
2. On your android device, Go to Settings > Language & Input > Check Google Hindi Input Keyboard.
3. Open Messaging app or FaceBook app or Memo Notepad app etc to write a message. You need to get your default Keyboard up by tapping on the message area. Now you should see default android keyboard.
4. Swipe from the top of the screen to open Notification Panel > Tap Select Input Method > Select Input Method – Hindi Transliteration (Google Hindi Input)
5. To write message in English and have it converted to Hindi, Tap a->अ button. Now you can type in English and have the app converted it to Hindi.
6. You can also Type in Hindi natively by Tapping the Globe button. You will see Hindi Keyboard now. You can page through 2 pages by tapping 1/2, 2/2 to see more Hindi constants.
Thats it. Enjoy typing in Hindi and sending messages to your friends.
This android app works on any android phone or tablet with android OS 2.2 or later. You can use it on most android phones like Samsung Galaxy S, S2, S3, Galaxy Grand, Galaxy Y, Noe 2, Xperia, Xperia Z, HTC One X, LG Optimus, Nexus 4, Micromax A116 Canvas HD and android tablets like Nexus 7, Samsung Tab 2, Galaxy Note 800, 510, Note 8.0, Asus Memo Pad, Slate 7, Micromax Tab, fonePad etc.