When you purchase Windows 7 from the Microsoft online store, you will get a link to download ISO image file or compressed files. You can only install Windows 7 on the computer to which you have downloaded the file. In this way you can only install Windows 7 on a single computer but what if you want to install it on other computer or reinstall on the same computer due to some reason.
Having a backup of the ISO file or compressed files on a DVD or flash drive is suggested. Microsoft offers Windows 7 USB/DVD Download tool using this tools you can create a bootable DVD or USB flash drive using the downloaded ISO file.
It is very easy to transfer Windows 7 ISO file to DVD or flash drive using Windows 7 USB/DVD Download tool. Having a bootable installation disc of Windows 7 is recommend; in case you want to format the system and reinstall Windows 7 you can use the backup disc.
- To transfer Windows 7 to flash drive easily download Windows 7 USB/DVD Download tool and install it onto the system.
- After installation is finished, launch the application by double clicking on the shortcut icon on the desktop or from the start menu.
- Upon the program launch you will be asked to locate the source file. Click on the browse button to locate the downloaded Windows 7 ISO file which you have downloaded and click OK.
- In the second step you will be asked to select media type, to copy Windows 7 ISO file to USB flash drive click on USB drive button. To burn Windows 7 ISO file on DVD click on DVD button this will create a bootable Windows 7 installation disc.
- If you have selected USB drive make sure that you have connected a USB flash drive to any available USB ports. In step 3 select your device from the drop down list and click on the begin copying button.
That’s it you have just created a Windows 7 bootable flash drive. If you want to install Windows 7 on other computer just plugin the flash drive and locate the Windows 7 setup.exe and double click on it.