Your android smartphone is one of the important things in your life. It contains lot of information about you including contacts, emails, photos, sms etc. There is chance you might lose all those sweet memories with the photos, video If you don’t have any backups. If you take few precautions, It is easy to find and locate your lost Samsung phone or tablet.
Update: Also read, How to find lost android device using Google’s Android Device Manager.
You can do couple of things before you lose your android phone or tablet. There are few popular android apps like Wheres My Driod, Android Lost. You can even use Lookout Security & Antivirus app. All these android apps need to be pre configured to find your lost android device like Galaxy S3, S3 Mini, Galaxy Grand, Galaxy S Duos, Note 2 etc.
Samsung Dive or Samsung Find My Mobile service also provides ways to find your lost android phone or tablet. It has lot of other features including sim card notification, call forwarding, locking your mobile, tracking your mobile etc.
How to configure Samsung Android phone/tablet to use Find My Mobile
1. On your android device, Go to Settings > Security > Remote Controls under Find My Mobile.
2. Add your Google & Samsung accounts. If you don’t have Samsung account, You can create it easily on your android device itself. Remote Controls feature is enabled after you add these 2 accounts.
3. Check “Use Wireless Networks” option. Agree to Google’s Location service to collect data.
How to find Samsung Android device using Find My Mobile
1. Go to Samsung’s Find My Mobile website and login with your Samsung account.
2. You can lock your mobile by setting up 4 digit pin. You can also enter a phone number to receive SIM card change notification. If anyone finds your phone, They can also call to this phone number from locked screen.
3. You can track your android phone or tablet on a Map.
image credit: samsung
4. If you lost your Samsung Phone in your house, or you are near by, You can use Ring My Phone to ring it.
5. You can also forward all your calls, Messages to a predefined phone number. You can also get call logs remotely on the website
6. You can wipe your android device and erase all the data. You can even reset to factory reset to original settings remotely.
Samsung’s Finf My Mobile service is available on most Samsung Phone & Tablets including Samsung Galaxy S2, S3, S3 Mini, S4, Galaxy Grand, Galaxy S Duos, Galaxy Note, Galaxy Note 2, Galaxy Ace Duos, Galaxy Note 10.1, Galaxy Note 8.0, Galaxy Tab 2, Galaxy Tab 7.7 etc