“Adobe Reader Lite 126.96.36.199″ is a simple and lite version of Adobe, which has been designed by Shark007, the creator of Vista Codec Package.
This is an unofficial version of the Adobe Reader, therefore many features have been excluded as compared to the standard version of the Adobe Reader.
Some of the plugins and features, which are less frequently used and which were a cause of slow load times and usage have been removed from the standard version of Adobe Reader.The unnecessary additions to read files have been removed from this software, thus making it a tought competitor for Foxit Reader.
This software is another version of the popular PDF viewer, Adobe Reader and the speciality of this application is that it is bloat-free.
Adobe Reader software is the global standard for electronic document sharing. This is the only pdf reader which can interact with all PDF documents.
The various activities which we can perform using Adobe Reader are as follows:
- digitally sign
- collaborate files
It also allows you to view,print and search on a variety of devices and operating systems, with faster launch time and real time panning and zooming.
Acrobat Reader also provides the facility of filling and submitting PDF forms online.
New features and functionality have been added with each new release of the Adobe Reader software, thus increasing its efficiency to interact with electronic documents.
This software is available in different languages and can be used on multiple platforms, free of cost.
If Acrobat Professional Authors is enabled then using dynamic commenting tools, document review can be done actively.
- Interaction with PDF portfolios enhanced
While working with multiple PDF documents and other document types, easier navigation is provided by PDF portfolios. Different file formats can be handled as a single file here. A collection of items such as email messages, drawings, spreadsheets and videos can be maintained as a single file. This enables the end users to store, distribute, retrieve and collaborate easily.
- Working with Acrobat(.com) Beta
Acrobat(.com) Beta, is a set of new online services provided by Adobe, in order to perform certain common tasks, such as:
- Upto five Adobe PDF files can be created.
- Storing and sharing documents on the web.
- Using Adobe Buzzword create and collaborate on a document.
- Use Adobe ConnectNow to share your screen
One can get on the same page at the same time with the ability to conavigate documents, to help clients, partners and colleagues get on the same page. To enable collaboration on a PDF file, use Acrobat.com services, and then distribute the PDF file and walk recipients through it in real time and control their page view. You have an additional feature, called Adobe AIR, to interact with Acrobat.com from your desktop. Adobe AIR application is included with the download of Adobe Reader 9.
- Directly interact with Adobe Flash software
Rich media content is natively displayed by Adobe Reader, thus enabling a next lever end-user interaction.
- Enhancement of secure document workflows
Adobe LiveCycle and Adobe Acrobat softwares are used to protect documents, forms and drawings in a better way. Be it document rights management for confidentiality, authorization and accountability or digital signatures for authenticity and integrity, Adobe Reader is the best solution
- Simplified user interface used to get more work done
Adobe Reader user interface is used to view information more efficiently and precisely. Read mode can be chosen to fit more content on the screen. Two-up mode is chosen to view page spreads without excess space in the middle. For a closer look we can pan over, zoom in or leverage the loupe.
- To search multiple or single PDF files
Search, find and retrieve any pdf document or a phrase within any document within a few seconds. Search for page content, bookmarks,annotations, form fields or metadata of a document within any PDF file on the local computer.
- Facility to complete forms offline as well as online
Filling, submitting and saving forms in electronic format and thus enabling customers to confidently act on information.
- Geospatial and CAD functionality enabled
Geospatial maps or CAD designs which are converted to PDF format offer Adobe Reader users access to certain features, such as dimensions, map features, longitude and latitude for powerful collaboration and interaction.
Extra features for IT Managers, architects, and developers:
- Multilingual User Interface enabled
Adobe’s Multilingual User Interface version is Adobe Reader MUI. With this it is possible to install a combination of supported languages, like German, French and Spanish and have the capability of switching among these languages within Adobe Reader. The user interface changes on the fly for appropriate languages.
- Use industry-standard tools to deploy Adobe Reader
Use Adobe Cusomization Wizard, IBM Tivoli, Microsoft Systems Management Server, Windows Group Policy Objects, or Active Directory to quickly manage and control Reader deployments. Use Citrix Metaframe Presentation Server or Microsoft Windows Terminal Server to host the Reader centrally.
- Support extended teams across operating systems
This reader supports a wide variety of Operating Systems, like Microsoft, Macintosh, Linux and Solaris. Thus in this way it delivers a reliable experience across Operating Systems.
- Provides support for security standards
- Develop new capabilities
The Acrobat software development kit(SDK) which is available free of cost is used to extend the functionality of the Adobe Reader.
- Leverage accessibility features
The accessibility requirements mandated by Section 508 of the amended U.S. Rehabilitation Act, is also satisfied by this Reader. To accomodate preferences, try the Read Out Loud capabilities, or change the reading order of pages or columns after the PDF files are tagged.
- International standards supported
The new ISO Standard 32000 for PDF is supported by this Reader. The PDF/A,the ISO-approved standard for the long-term preservation of electronic documents, PDF/X(printing), PDF/H, PDF/E(engineering), XMP/RDF and ODBC are also supported by this Reader.
Characteristics of the Lite Version:
- Removed autorun and desktop shortcuts
- Start menu shortcut converted to non-advertised
- Removed several features and plugins that the average user has no need for
- Removed Beyond Adobe and Lic. Agreement popups
- Removed all (auto)update® features
- Removed AcroRd32Info.exe with no errors in the event log
- Form filling allowed
- Disabled the dialog asking to help make Adobe Reader better and “Create PDF using Acrobat.com” from the toolbar (v9.1)
- Removed more unneeded stuff (v9.1)
- Some cosmetic changes (v9.1)
- This software occupies a size of 21.2 MB.
- The Operating Systems on which this software works is as follows: Windows 9X/ME/2K/2K3/NT/XP/Vista.
- The url to download this software is as follows: